Here is a perfect recipe for a Cinco de Mayo party or any warm weather cookout! Crunchy fresh tastes meld in this Summer-good salad! Make this cold treat the night before, or early in the day, for best results...the flavors need time to mingle! Fresh squeezed lime is the only dressing needed.
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1 medium lime, juice and zest
- 5-6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium kiwis, peeled and diced
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilis
- 1 8.75-ounce can corn, drained,
- or 1 cup cooked fresh corn
- fresh cilantro, to taste, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
In a large bowl that can go into the refrigerator, add diced avocados; squeeze lime juice over avocado pieces and toss gently to coat with the juice. Reserve peel. Add chopped green onions, cucumber, kiwi, tomatoes, green chilis, and corn. Add chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste. Add olive oil and toss gently. Grate lime peel and sprinkle over salad. Cover and refrigerate, at least 4 hours, or over-night. Before serving, taste and adjust cilantro and seasonings. Add a little more olive oil, if desired. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve very cold.
To print a copy of this recipe for your Erik Homemade® cookbook, click here-->Download Fresh Fiesta Salad recipe