Sunny summer fruits and chunks of chicken combine in this quick slaw. Perfect for a light lunch, or leave out the chicken for a dinner side dish, this salad is cool and tasty! This recipe would make a healthy addition to any pot-luck or barbeque...
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- half of a green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 apple, cored, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup of strawberried, hulled, and diced
- 3-4 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup manadrin oranges, drained, and chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, if desired
- 1/2 head of cabbage, about 3 cups, chopped
- 24 onces lime yogurt, or about 4 small containers
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- whole strawberries (and extra sunflower seeds) for garnish
In a very large bowl combine chicken, green onions, green pepper, apple, strawberries, celery, mandarin oranges, sunflower seeds (if desired), and cabbage. Add yogurt and blend well. Add salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste. Chill 4-6 hours or overnight. Garnish with whole strawberries. Serve ice-cold.
Yield: about 4 main dis servings; 6-8 side sevings.
Erik's Tip: Vary this recipe as you want! Use what is fresh from the market: try fresh grapes, carrots, peanuts...or use lemon yogurt in place of lime...whatever your family likes!
To print a copy of this recipe for your Erik HOMEMADE® cookbook, click here--> Download Chicken and Lime Fruit Slaw recipe